Employer Alamein Wood and Metal Manufacturing Co.
Job Title Product Designer
Languages English, Good
Job Category Engineering
Job Type Full Time
Job Level Any
Description 1. Researching, developing and exploring new and existing products.
2. Researching materials, processes and market requirements to develop designs.
3. Reviewing all existing designs, job orders, and cutting lists to assess any technical or manufacturing issues, ensuring improved quality and functionality for all products.
4. Preparing cutting lists and drawings for Production department, including specifications, costs, and material needed.
5. Developing design concepts using Autocad, Solid Works or Rhino programs.
6. Actualizing the ideas into feasible and producible prototypes.
7. Expanding potential for 3D modeling and 3D printing of parts and prototypes.
8. Designing of jigs and fixtures for increase in productivity.
9. Reviewing that the production process is carried out according to drawings and specifications.
10. Working with the production, quality, procurement, sales & marketing departments, and all relevant departments to improve the frugality, quality and efficiency of designs, products and processes.
11. Exploring new suppliers, materials and techniques for production.
12. Agreeing with suppliers on material specifications and quality.
13. Organizing and managing the design and implementation of projects.
14. Preparing all drawings, sales material, booth layout and display for fairs in coordination with the Marketing team.
15. Meeting with clients to discuss product requirements/functionality where and when needed.
16. Preparing all necessary measurements and drawings for sales department.
17. Taking the necessary measurements for clients when needed.
18. Managing, developing, and evaluating the junior designer.
19. Submitting weekly/monthly reports as requested by Management.
Qualifications Be proficient in Autocad, Solidworks or Rhino Be proficient in designing through drawings, 3D models and the use of design programs Be self-motivated and have the ability to take initiative and make decisions Practice production oriented thinking Master a clear understanding of the principles and applications of manufacturing operations, maintenance, and engineering. Have strong communication and interpersonal skills Have strong attention to details Have strong problem solving skills Command strong planning and organizational skills Master high proficiency levels in working with Microsoft Office
Car owner Any
Education major Engineering
Experience 4 – 5 Years.
Salary (L.E.) Negotiable
Comments The Product Designers main role is to research, develop and document all technical specifications, drawings, and prototypes for new and existing designs. The role will include conducting research and exploring new ideas that are aligned with the companys vision. The designer will be expected to work with suppliers and the various departments to improve the production process, costs and quality of material.
Job Contact Email email@example.com